Sep 21, 2007

Weird Al Yankovic

I just got the pictures from the concert we went to last week. (Thanks Joe & Susan!)


I won't bore you with details about the show itself. If you've ever been to a Weird Al concert, you know how fun it is. If you haven't been to one, well.... even if you aren't a fan you should go at least once.
You'll have a great time.


This is my 4th Weird Al concert and Hotness has been three times.
The first time I took her to one she said, "Are you kidding me?"
The second time she went, it was more like "Hmmm, okay."
Then this time when I told her Weird Al was coming to play at the Puyallup she said "We're going, right?"
She still isn't a fan like I am but just knowing that she likes going to see him live is a good indication of how much fun his show is.

We went with our friends Joe & Susan and met up with another friend of their's, Dave.
The five of us got seats in the 20th row, center stage. Pretty darn cool seats!

My camera didn't take any decent pictures so all the ones I'm using came from J & S's camera which took really great shots.
So without further ado, here's some of what we saw:
"It's all About The Pentiums" & "You're Pitiful"

"The Saga Begins" & "YODA"
"Eat It" & "Fat"
"White & Nerdy"
During this song, he played various images on the screen behind him and the band.
Peppered throughout the images were clips of Donny Osmond dancing like an idiot.
It was hilarious.... here see for yourself:


And the ever-popular Seattle-favorite, "Smells Like Teen Spirit".
The Northwest audiences alway go ape-poo when he plays this live.

Anyway, he played almost all of the hits and fan-favorites. The show started at 7:30 and the band played until 10:00..... 2-1/2 hours!
In between costume changes he played his AL TV interviews which were hilarious. (You can find most of them on YouTube.)
Speaking of costume changes, I coulnd't keep track of all the outfits he changed into.
There were a few that I didn't even post, there were THAT many!
Rumour has it that he changes outfits in concert more often than Cher does!

Here we are after the show, hanging around like groupies hoping to get an autograph or a picture (or BOTH!).
L-R: Me, Joe, & Dave


Entertaining = Yes
Music = Awesome
Seats = Great
Value = Worth every penny
Score = 27 stars

2 things people had to say:

Anonymous said...

Posting late...But better late than never! The concert was awesome. I just seem to have the ability to have my eyes closed whenever someone takes a candid shot of me. To bad we never did get to meet Weird Al. There's always next year. And I am making it a mission to even get better seats than this last time.

Word Verification - xuzxrhyf: The sound one makes when being hit in the crotch while eating a hoggie.

Anonymous said...

You'll probably have better luck meeting Weird Al if you're at a show in a theater rather than a county fair. I had good meeting-Al luck during Poodle Hat in Portland and Eugene. But in general you probably have a better chance meeting Al than most stars of his caliber. He does do a lot of meet & greets. OE

Word Verification: lmqmhrc: the sound you make after supersizing your peanut butter sandwich.