Jul 22, 2008

Tiny Lasagna

Lasagna is one of those recipes that everybody seems to have 'the best' recipe for.

Maybe that's just me, but it's like I'm always hearing the words "Oh! You should try my mom's lasagna", or "my wife makes the best lasagna", or "you haven't lived until you've tried my lasagna"... yadda yadda yadda.

That's cool. I love it.
And I can say with all honesty that I haven't met a recipe I didn't like (barring the frozen grocery store varieties).
But I'm not going to WOW you with a spectacular version of 'my lasagna'.
It's pretty basic, all things considered. I mean really. How can you mess it up if you know your way around the kitchen?

What brought this whole topic up was that I made some tonight to cook for tomorrow's dinner.
(Yeah, planning ahead. Go figure.)
It's got to be the smallest pan of lasagna I've ever seen!
Here it is with a U.S. dollar bill for size comparison:

(I don't how Uncle Sam looks upon people who post pictures of U.S. currency online, so don't mind the blacked-out serial number.)

Despite it's diminutive size, it weighs about 5 or 6 pounds!

Like I said, it's pretty basic.
A little tomato pasta sauce on the bottom of the pan covered with lasagna sheets.
Then some ricotta cheese.
A few more sheets.
Some browned hamburger and mild Italian sausage with sliced black olives and more sauce.
Repeat steps until you reach the top of pan, then cover with sauce and sliced mozzarella cheese.

I'll let you know how it turned out after tomorrow night.

------------------------

For an interesting way to cook lasagna, you could try using your dishwasher.

0 things people had to say: