Dec 11, 2007

Passport

To paraphrase Steve Martin:
"My new passport is here! My new passport is here!"




I got home last night to find out that my passport was in the mail waiting for me.
It's the first one I've ever had, so I'm actually really excited about it.
I can travel outside the U.S. now without alot of hassle.

I had planned on a trip to Mexico about 7 years ago, but that was right before the 9/11 attacks.
All my plans went down the toilet as I didn't have a passport and everyone was a bit weird about travelling soon afterwards anyway.

So I put it off since I didn't really need one for my day-to-day business, and only recently applied for it. I needed to have one so I can go up to Calgary to volunteer at the Calgary Expo.
Now I can, and I can plan my trip for Mexico again. (Hopefully in October for Dia de los Muertos)

On the flip-side though;
It's one of the RFID-chipped passports.
I'm not a big conspiracy nut, but even I get freaked out by the use of those in our daily lives.
That is too much information accessible to whoever thinks they need it.
Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot I can do. It's here and it's going to stay.

I guess shouldn't worry too much, after all Big Brother only has my best interests in mind. Right?

0 things people had to say: