Jun 12, 2007

Ukulele Goodness!

Almost everyone in my family is musically talented... except for me. Of course.
But I'm trying to change that by learning to play an instrument.
I chose the ukulele, because it only has four strings (and I'm not very coordinated to handle more than that right now) and it's a funny instrument which I think is a good association for me.
I can do one chord really good and I'm working on the second one, but that's about all the farther I've gotten in learning so far. (I think I'll need to pick up a 'teach yourself the ukulele' DVD one of these days)

In the mean time, here are some cool uke clips.....



This was my original inspiration to learn the uke. I love that movie and I really like that song.
(... now if I just get Hotness to learn the cornet....)




okay, seriously, this guy is good.




And this is probably more what I'm going to aspire to when I get better.

I'll just be chillin' around the campfire with my homies when I bust out the ukulele and crank out some monster rock ballad.
... 'cause that's just how I roll. Yo.

0 things people had to say: