Jun 9, 2007

Popular Seattle Celebrity Dies


I was sad to find out that our newest member in the elephant exhibit at Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle, had died of (as yet) unknown causes.
Hansa was just 6 years old, and seemed to be doing well.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer
(picture at left from the Seattle Times website)
We went to see her few years ago after watching a video of what the zoo had tried to do to get her mom pregnant. It was quite an ordeal, but was such a happy story when she was born.
I think we saw her after she had turned one-year old but before she was two, so was still quite small and extremely playful. (I have some pictures somewhere, but can't find them at this time)

She'll be missed.
____________________________________

Well, not to take a tragic loss and turn it on it's ear, but the GF and I finally upgraded or phones.
I had resisted getting one in the first place, but she talked me into it and turned out that I used it as much (if not more) than she did.
The ones we had were getting kind of ghetto, so we got some fancy new ones.

I got an LG VX9900 (a.k.a. LG enV)





2.0 Megapixel camera, bluetooth capable, and plays music that I can load from my computer on it's S-T-E-R-E-O speakers my friend. Rock on!

GF (from now on, she'll be referred to as "The Hotness") got a Motorola KRZR.



Her's was red, but I couldn't find a decent picture online of the red one.

It's bluetooth enabled as well, and a pretty sharp little phone in it's own right.

(I guess everything is Bluetooth now, but I've had my ghetto phone for so long it's new to me.)

0 things people had to say: