Apr 15, 2008

Tax Day 2008

Hope you got your taxes filled out and filed today. If not.... good luck avoiding an audit.

I did mine a few weeks ago and just got my return last Friday (Yay!).
Then today was payday and my quarterly bonus (Double yay!)
Both of them came just in time for the upcoming comic conventions. How convenient.
If all goes well, my 'economy stimulus check' will arrive right before the ECCC, so I'll be set for lots of new sketches and stuff.

I hope to add to my Comicartfans page soon afterwards, once I get everything scanned.
I'll put some of the choice pieces on here but most everything else will be on that site.

Not much to blog about lately. Aside from what I've told you about the past weekend, things have been relatively quiet.

I did manage to change my snow tires on my car and put my summer tires on (FINALLY), and on Sunday I got a few seeds planted along our walkway to the front door.
I know that doesn't sound like much of a big deal, but I've always wanted to have nice colorful flowers lining the path to the door during spring & summer. We've lived here for 6 years and I've finally gotten around to it. Well, that is if the seeds sprout and the damn deer don't eat the plants.

Being in the yard on Sunday, Hotness & I could hear the Bzzzz of hummingbirds whizzing by.
So last night on my way home I picked up a hanging pot and a couple of fuschias and also a small hummingbird feeder. I hung them from our front porch and hopefully they'll clue in and start feeding where we can see them.

I also picked up a bunch of wild bird seed and some suet cakes to start keeping the feeders at the house filled.
I really enjoy watching the birds that come to visit. We get quite a few different varieties, and I should probably take a bird census of what shows up throughout the year.

That's all for now. I'll try to come up with something more exciting next time.

2 things people had to say:

Dr. Zoltar said...

Isn't wildlife great? I snapped some pictures the other day of a raccoon hanging out in my backyard.

There is an experiment I've been wanting to try. It's called "planting by squirrels". You just dump a pile of bulbs outside and let the squirrels bury them for you. Then you see where they end up. I've got one that grows in my lawn each year.

Ferretnick said...

That sounds interesting.
I'm afraid the deer would find them tasty before the squirrels had a chance to plant them for me, though.

I'll try to get pictures of the feeders when it looks like an avian version of Sea-Tac.
(And I'll also get before & after pics of the walkway.)