Mar 6, 2009

The Alps On Fire

One of my favorite places to stop at along Hwy 2 towards Leavenworth, The Alps, suffered a fire that damaged part of the shop and destroyed about 600 recipes.

Hopefully they didn't lose their "green lizard pickle" recipe, but since it was their best selling item they'll probably have that one down from memory.

Best of luck to them as they plan to re-open as soon as possible.
And if you're ever travelling East (or West) along Hwy 2, stop in and check them out. They have a lot of really unique sauces, dips, marinades, etc... that you won't find just anywhere else.

2 things people had to say:

Janeen said...

I guess you can truly ask "what's that smell?"

Anonymous said...

I was, and still am, stunned. The morning of Saturay, March 6, I had driven over from Woodinville to stock up on yummy treats and sauces, only to find the building still on fire. I can't express the feeling - like someone punched me in the stomach.

We just had some of their Walla Walla Onion Steak Sauce with dinner tonight, and were very humbled - knowing that it would be our last bottle to enjoy. :(